when ur parents go out food shopping
(this one is way too long considering that it’s basically just fluff + steve not understanding social media, but whatever, i still like it. there’s a bonus mention of vlogger!bucky in there as well, because how could i not??)
imagine a bucky who completely loves and embraces 21st century technology and its effect on society in a way that steve has never been able to do. steve appreciates the internet and cell phones, sure, but he doesn’t see them as anything other than useful. bucky thinks differently.
bucky might as well have been a modern-day twenty-something all along, because he dives headlong into social media - he gets a facebook, a twitter, an instagram (maybe even a tumblr!) - and he uses them constantly. his iPhone is so full of his selfies that even the notoriously self-obsessed tony thinks it’s kind of ridiculous.
but bucky finds that it’s a lot easier for him to be his old, charming self online than it is for him in “real-life” (even though he’s pretty much back to his old self, bucky still finds it hard to have normal conversations with people other than steve or the rest of the avengers; one might even say that he’s developed some amount of social anxiety), and he enjoys taking pictures and posting them for people to see, too. it allows him to reconnect to the world at his own pace, and it’s kind of nice to know that there’s hundreds (maybe even thousands!) of other people experiencing these things at the same time he is.
GIVEAWAY - Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier: The Art of the Movie (Hardback/Slipcase)
I am giving away a copy of Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier: The Art of the Movie!! As The Winter Soldier is easily my favorite Marvel film to date, I pre-ordered this book without a second thought. Then I said to myself, “Why not give away another copy as thanks for reaching 16,500 followers?” And here we are.
The description of this product (as found on Amazon):
Continuing their popular ART OF series of movie tie-in books, Marvel presents its latest blockbuster achievement! Featuring exclusive concept artwork, behind-the-scenes photographs, production stills, and in-depth interviews with the cast and crew, THE ART OF CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER is a deluxe 232-page keepsake volume that provides an insider’s look into the making of the highly-anticipated film directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, and starring Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders and Sebastian Stan!
What must one do in order to enter this giveaway, you ask? The rules/guidelines are as follows:
- You may like this post once and reblog it twice.
- You do not have to be following me, but I would appreciate it if you checked out my icky blog. I post a lot of video games and superheroes/supervillains/brain-washed-best-friends-turned-assassins. And cry. That’s it. That’s my life.
- No giveaway blogs.
- Must be comfortable with giving me your address as this item will be mailed directly to you.
- I will ship nearly anywhere. Even if you live on Asgard, I’ll find a way to get this to you.
- Giveaway will end on April 20th, yo!
- Will be using a Random Number Generator to select the winner.
- In case you are skeptical, here’s proof I have two copies pre-ordered.
- You may also read a stellar review on this artbook (via parkablogs) right here.
If you have any questions, you can find me here or on Twitter (I am more likely to respond via Twitter as the messaging system on Tumblr is a tad wonky). Good luck and don’t forget to cry about Bucky Barnes!
HERE IS WHAT YOU COULD WIN:
THAT’S A LOT OF THIIINGS OMG! (and a cool bucket to keep it all in!)
The towel that asks: have you ever wanted to rub Peter Parker’s crotch on your face??
Now you can!
This is basically a fairy princess Avengers wand. A must-have for the Avengers Fairy Princess in your life! (It could be you; I don’t judge)
sparkle flashy lights FOR JUSTICE!!!
And, of course, all the (fake) weaponry you could ask for:
Put out your eye! AVENGERS STYLE! (SHIELD, Coulson and Nick Fury do not endorse this statement whatsoever. Please address all liability claims to Stark Industries.)
Looook it’s the official Nerf Hawkeye Bow!
Plus: coloring books, crayons, a night light, CANDY, a slinky, pencils, sticker badges that LIGHT UP, puzzles, and MUCH MORE!!Rules:
1) YOU DON’T HAVE TO FOLLOW ME TO WIN. However! If the person who wins is following me, they get an extra bonus prize! I’m not sure what that’ll be, yet, but it’ll be something super cool!
2) Like and reblog as often and as much as you like. The winner will be chosen with a random number generator.
3) I will ship anywhere in the world, but if it costs a lot it may take a while.
4) As this is my first giveaway and I’m not entirely sure what I’m doing, I reserve the right to make adjustments to the rules if I run up against something that I wasn’t expecting that makes a mess of things.
GIVEAWAY ENDS APRIL 30th. (Because that is a work day, winner will likely be contacted on May 1.) GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!
Reminder that this is still going on!
She told me what the bonus prize for followers is and it’s awesome.
As soon as I finished watching Winter Soldier I was mentally screaming “I NEED TO DRAW HIS ROBO ARM COVERED IN GRAFFITI INSTEAD OF TATTOOS” and so here is Punk!Winter Soldier, who also has some Steve/WWII inspired tattoos on his other arm… either Hydra got lazy and didn’t have them removed, or this is a post-movie Bucky, who is slowly adding more tattoos as he begins to remember more and excuse me I need a minute. Also is that a target on the assassins back or Caps Shield??? Either way, man.